Stolen Words

    I kissed him, trying to bring him back. I kissed him and let my lips rest against his so that our breath mingled and the tears from my eyes became salt on his skin, and I told myself that, somewhere, tiny particles of him would become tiny particles of me, ingested, swallowed, alive, perpetual. I wanted to press every bit of me against him. I wanted to will something into him. I wanted to give him every bit of life I felt and force him to live.
    I realized I was afraid of living without him. How is it you have the right to destroy my life, I wanted to demand of him, but I am not allowed a say in yours?
    So I held him, him ex-lover, ex-universe, life, passion, happiness. I held him close and said nothing, all while telling him silently that he was loved.
Oh, but he was loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tight Junctions

From my Heart to Yours..