Absofuckinglutely

So I have been really thinking about Absolutes since the last time we spoke, and what I came to peace with not sure is something you would like.
     You really can't think of anything as absolute basically because there are different situations, different faces, different angles to view something -anything- from. There is also the fact that nothing is ever constant so even the absolute state of an object/ system/ entity would change over time. I have been really puzzled by absolutes ever since I was in 5th grade studying absolute values. Something about it didn't feel quite right. I could apply it methmatical,  solve hundreds of problems, I just couldn't understand the concept of isolating an entity, turning into a defined framed digit. 
It was too abstract, too unrealistic,  and too intangible it got me really uncomfortable.

     You made the statement that "True Love" is absolute, and you really made me question my idea and my experience of "my idea" of True Love.
 Absolute means perfect and free of all impurities. I thought a lot about what the word "Absolute" means on its own, and the way I think of it is "A bottle of absolute Ethanol in the lab" which means 100% Ethanol with no diluting solution nor other compounds. 
Every single molecule of that solution is an Ethanol molecule CH3-CH2-OH. 
100% homogeneous. 
100% identical. 
Made up of the same component in the same pattern. 
     Love -or anything else for that matter- could never be this way. The beauty of "my version" of true love is the impurities of it. The anger, the hate, the selfishness, the insecurities, the attachment, the possessiveness, the jealousy, the obsessiveness, the lust, the passion, the desire, the longing, the craziness. All of those are not "love" but if they are not there love won't be as magical and as enchanting as it is. Love won't be true if it doesn't captivate you by it's instability, rendering it absolute might as well render it morbid and boring. You can't make a statement like "I know from what you said that you don't know what true love is."
 I know
And because I know it makes it so hard for me to make any statements about love without being extra catious. Everyone has their own idea of love mine is insane imperfection, I guess.

    Nothing in the universe is absolute nor perfect. If perfection was attainable for a system thermodynamics would have esnsused our destruction by reaching a state of perfect disorder. Heat Death Of The Universe,  of our universe, when entropy reaches its maximal absolute value. 

    You do this thing where you take a concept and subjectify it into what you think works best. Concepts,  words, vocabulary are universal they mean what they mean we don't fit them in what we believe.
We use a variety of them to fit what we mean into them, I guess. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tight Junctions

From my Heart to Yours..