Dusting Old Age

I accept aging.
I accept growing old.
I accept that time takes away youth, strength capabilities.
But I also know that it gives so much back in return.
I acknowledge the notion that life passes by so quickly and before I know it all the milestones I looked forward to, I worked hard for are behind me.
And it is fine, it is beautiful in its own way.
But what I don't get is why a few refuse to accapt it.
Why to them it feels like they are being dethroned from life.
You cannot be a 50 something woman acting like teenagers.
You cannot pretend and lie to yourself that you are still as young as ever.
You cannot conceive children after menopause,  and that does not make you less of a woman.
You cannot pretend that you don't have to check with a doctor and admit that you have age-related health issues. It is fine it does not make you a handicap.
You cannot be jealous of twenty years old girls, copying everything they do because that is just offending to your age.
To your supposed wisdom.
You have your own beauty.
Acting childish won't kid anyone that you are younger.
Accept it. And enjoy it.
Being so eager to retain an image of something that is not there anymore won't help.
Enjoy your age as it should be, it's what makes you beautiful.
And stop the pathetic act that you are someone who is just starting on life when you have lived an entire life and be fucking proud of that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tight Junctions

From my Heart to Yours..